It’s my favorite time of the year ya’ll. College football is kicking off this today and I’m all giddy with excitement. It’s no secret I’m a huge sports fan, especially football. I’ve already got my weekend games lined up to watch and in-between my other obligations I’ll be sneaking peeks at my phone to check scores.
Of course it also goes with out saying I really enjoy the activity that comes along with gameday, tailgating! To the food, drinks, friends, and the given shenanigans it’s always a memorable time. You may have caught some of my videos or post from last year sharing tips and recipes for a successful day. But don’t fret if you didn’t, I’ll be here the whole season bringing you more.
So let’s kick it off today with a list of needed equipment and one amazingball recipe. Each week I’ll be adding clever ideas and delicious recipes to make sure you have you own winning tailgate rather your team scores or not.
- Portable grill, propane, and a lighter
- Foil, and glass containers with lids for leftovers
- Cooking utensils, including mitts
- Reusable plates, bowls, utensils, cups, and napkins
- Serving bowls and trays
- Bottle opener, cork screws, and a can opener
- Smaller camping or folding tailgating table for griller or food prep
- Folding table for food
- Cooler for food storage
- Large metal container for ice and beer
- Condiments and spices
- Folding chairs
- Blankets, throws, rain ponchos
- Heavy duty trash bags for cleanup
- Cleanup gear like wet wipes and hand sanitizer
- Tailgate games, speakers, and entertainment
- First Aid Kit
I store everything except the larger items in a large plastic container, that way it’s all ready to go and I don’t have to worry about forgetting a needed item.
Now that you got your equipment in place feed your hungry crowd by whipping up this super easy nacho recipe, then sit back with a cold one and enjoy the game.
Let me know who you’ll be cheering for.
I’ll be calling the Hogs. WPS!!!